TILE & GROUT CLEANING IN MALIBU
Your tile flooring is a big investment and can be a dramatic focal point in your home. Tiles look their best when they are clean and sparkling, and our professional cleaners are trained to keep tile and surrounding grout looking good as new.
Ceramic Tile Cleaning
As part of our ceramic tile cleaning processes we:
- Remove loose dirt using our latest vacuuming techniques
- Employ the best pH-neutral cleansing materials, specially formulated for ceramic tile and grout
- Do thorough, repeated rinsing of the surfaces to make sure that no cleaning residue remains
Whether your tile is on the floor, the wall, or a countertop, our Malibu carpet cleaning professionals can make them look stunning and last longer.
All it takes is our expertise in proper cleaning, care, and maintenance. We can even teach you what to do in between cleanings to ensure that your tile always looks great.
No matter if you are cleaning grout yourself or have hired a professional, there is a process that should always be followed. These steps are beneficial to the durability and overall look of grout:
- Before grout cleaning, wipe away any excess water buildup with paper towels or a white towel. If grout is crumbling, consider replacing it.
- While cleaning, make sure you wear rubber or latex gloves and safety goggles. Open all windows to avoid exposure to the chemical fumes that may go along with cleaning solutions that contain bleach.
- Spray on a commercial grout cleaner or a heavy-duty all-purpose cleaning solution with bleach. Wait for several minutes.
- Scrub grout with a stiff brush or a grout brush, then rinse thoroughly.
- Eradicate mold, mildew, or tough stains with a bleach-containing cleanser. You can also make your own cleanser by using 1/4 cup (2 fluid ounces/60 ml) of chlorine bleach and 1 quart (32 fluid ounces/1 ml) of warm water. Let the disinfectant sit for at least 10 minutes to thoroughly kill mold and mildew.
- WARNING: Never mix bleach with an ammonia-based product such as glass cleaner!
- Scrub the grout again with a stiff brush or a grout brush. Rinse, then dry with a white cloth towel or paper towels.
- Your grout should now be sparkling clean. To keep it this way, apply one to three coats of commercial grout sealer with a small brush.
- Reapply grout sealer annually.
You can keep mold and mildew in check through routine cleaning with bleach-based products. Always be sure to seal the grout after cleaning.